HOW TO MOVE HEAVY FURNITURE
MOVING HOUSES IS A DIFFICULT PROCESS ESPECIALLY
Surely it has happened to you on more than one occasion you have wanted to move a very heavy piece of furniture and you have not been able or you have finished scratching the floor by pushing it. If you want to avoid having to make unnecessary efforts and be able to move the furniture without damaging the floor here are some practical tricks to get it quickly and safely.
A MOVE STARTS WITH MEASURING EVERYTHING THAT CAN BE MEASURED. THINK ABOUT:
- The stairs. Can stuff for the upstairs (desks, etc.) easily go up?
- Cabinets. Sometimes cupboards fit well in your old house, but they fit less well in your new house because the shape of the rooms is different. Always measure this first.
- White goods. Do washing machines, clothes driers, refrigerators and freezers fit their new location?
BEFORE YOU MOVE, YOU CAN ALREADY DO A LOT OF PREPARATORY WORK.
- Cleaning. You can start cleaning everything that needs to be done a few weeks before the move.
- Disassembly. Disassemble all the things you do not need immediately, such as desks, the spare bed and cupboards from which you have already packed the things.
Contact Six Brothers Removalists for all your Sydney removalists needs.